AWS EC2 Instance Immediately Terminates
After launching an instance normally the status will change from pending state to running . But in sometime the status will goes to terminate state suddenly . You can find the information from your AWS console by using “EC2 console screen logs” or you can use CLI , you can find with JSON response.
Select the instance and click Description field
In the bottom of the page you can find “State transition reason” and message . You can easily identify why the state changed reason with message .Ex . It will show like “User Initiated ” .You can find the IAM or root user event details in cloud trail
Now lets see what are the possible reason could cause terminate:
- EBS Limits reached – Check the limits and value . Submit a new request to increase.
- Instance you are launching from corrupted snapshot or AMI .This could be the main reason.
- Due to some custom script your are loading while launching the instance
- The instance store-backed AMI you used to launch the instance is missing a required part (an image.part.xx file).
- In the particular region EC2 instance limit reached.
If still you have an issue you can try with other region . You can open case with AWS support to check if any other reasons involved for termination.